What Can You Do?
- Educate yourself and others about the problem of homelessness.
- Volunteer your time to work directly with people experiencing homelessness.
- Advocate on behalf of people who are homeless and organization that work with people who are homeless.
- Contribute to and help organizations that work to end homelessness.
- Become aware of the language you use and refrain from using words that refer to people experiencing homelessness in derogatory ways.
- Be aware and help change attitudes about homelessness among y our friends, family and people in the community.
- Be inclusive and promote inclusive communities throughout the city.
For further information contact:
Community Action on Homelessness 288 Bentinck Street Sydney, NS B1P 6H7